What a mouthful but oh so delicious! Early this week I was craving chicken and pasta so I threw together a few random things and came out with this. If you have never cooked with gnocchi, it's really easy because you treat it the same way you would with pasta. A lot of stores have it available now already pre-made in the pasta aisle. It's a great mix-up to your normal everyday pasta meal.
1-2 Chicken Breasts
½ tablespoon Oregano
½ tablespoon Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups Gnocchi
2 cups Broccoli (I had a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower)
2 cups Alfredo Sauce
½ cup Pasta Water
- Cut your chicken breast into small pieces and season with the oregano, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix the seasoning around the chicken and add to the pre-heated skillet pan with a little olive oil. Continue to cook the chicken thoroughly, stirring when necessary.
- In a small pot, add water and bring to a boil. Drop in the gnocchi and broccoli. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes uncovered.
- Pour ½ cup of the pasta/vegetable water into the chicken pan, scrapping the pan to release the bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the gnocchi and veggies and drop everything into the skillet with the chicken.
- Add the alfredo sauce and stir everything together.
- Cook until the alfredo is warmed up.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, a salad and ENJOY!