Ingredients3 Large Potatoes
3 Cups (or more) of Kale
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup of Milk (I use non-fat)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Set up a pot of boiling water, you will use this for both your kale and potatoes.
- Rinse your kale and roughly chop it into smaller pieces. Blanch your kale in the boiling water for a few minutes, about 5, enough time to cook the veins. Ladle out (don't strain the water!) the kale into ice cold running water in a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- With the same pot, add your chopped potatoes, cook like you would when making mash potatoes. While the potatoes are cooking, in a food processor, combine the kale, milk and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until it is chopped up. Drain the potatoes, putting them right back into the pot. Add the butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes and slowly add in the kale mixture, mashing it in with the potatoes.
- Cook for a few minutes to heat the kale mixture back up, top with Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!